- child daughter or son
- I (refers to oneself when speaking to their parent(s))
- (familiar or dialectal) I (refers to oneself when speaking to a (presumably) much older person, or one's grandparent(s))
- you (addressed to one's son or daughter)
- (familiar or dialectal) you (addressed to a (presumably) much younger person, or one's grandchild)
- Indicates animals (including the human), knives, boats and ships
- (informal) Indicates wheeled vehicles Anh mày có hẳn hai con xe Honda đấy nhớ! I have two Honda motorbikes!