- (Brazil) /a.ˈtɛ/
- (PT) /ɐ.ˈtɛ/
- until up to the time of something happening exampleA aula dura até as dez horas. The class lasts until ten o’clock.
- by at some point before the given time exampleSerá feito até dia quinze. It will be done by the fifteenth.
- to all the way to a place exampleFui até minha casa. I went to my house.
- up to to the point of; as much as examplePodem comer até duas fatias de bolo. You can eat up to two pieces of cake.
- even implying an extreme example in the case mentioned exampleAté as menores aranhas podem matar. Even the smallest spiders can kill.
- including introducing one or more parts of the group or topic just mentioned exampleFecha todas as janelas, até a do banheiro. Close all windows, including the bathroom one.
- (even) nem, nem mesmo
- (including) exceto, menos
- (informal) short for any farewell containing até (até-logo, até mais, até breve, até já): see ya; see you later; see you soon