- A tough material produced from the skin of animal, by tan or similar process, used e.g. for clothing.
- A piece of the above used for polish.
- (colloquial) A cricket ball or football.
- (plural: leathers) clothing made from the skin of animals, often worn by motorcycle riders.
- (baseball) A good defensive play Jones showed good leather to snare that liner.
- (dated, humorous) The skin.
(types of leather) chagrin, cordovan, cordwain, galuchat, maroquin, morocco, morocco leather, shagreen, sharkskin, taw