- (informal) To cancel an order for food. "86 the ham and eggs for table two!"
- (informal) To remove an item from the menu. 86 the lobster bisque – we won’t have the lobster delivery until tomorrow. "Yes, I’d like the tomato soup." / "I’m sorry sir, that’s been 86ed – would you like a salad instead?"
- (informal) To throw out; discard. "We finally had to 86 that old printer after it jammed one too many times."
- (informal) To deny service. "The restaurant 86ed us because we didn't fit the dress code."
- 1995, , 00:10:40: (Ben Sanderson, speaking to a bartender) -- "Please, serve me today, and I'll never come in here again. If I do, you can 86 me."