- (intransitive, British and Ireland) To avoid work, shirk, etc. I am going to doss tomorrow when the match is on.
- (intransitive, British, slang) To sleep in the open or in a derelict building because one is homeless I normally have to doss in shop doorways or park benches.
- (slang) The avoidance of work. I am going to have a doss tomorrow.
- (slang) An easy piece of work. Circumnavigating the world in a canoe is no doss.
- (slang, dated) A place to sleep in; a bed.
- (slang, dated, by extension) Sleep.
- (Scotland) Useless or lazy. Generally combined with expletive noun, especially cunt. Get a hauld o yersel, ye doss cunt!
- dsos, sods